My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weaning Jules - cont'd


Jules has now substituted "fluffies"
(steamed milk and foam with a bit of chocolate powder on top)
for nursing...


We are now into our fourth week of ( drumroll.... ) Jules sleeping (mostly) through the night!!! This is a wonderful byproduct of night weaning.

I initially asked myself why we didn't do it before, but we actually did try and it didn't work, Jules just kept crying and wouldn't go back to sleep. I was a wreck, Steve couldn't handle the night after night either, and it just didn't work.

This time around, Steve is putting Jules to bed each night with a bottle, and then when he wakes, Steve goes in to him. We are continuing this regime, and at this point, Jules might wake up once in the night to give a little cry and Steve just says, "Night, night buddy." And that does it. I don't even talk to him until the morning.

In the morning when he does wake up for the day, he nurses and then we get up. He nurses once or twice more later in the day, and that's it. I am happy to keep going with this as long as he wants now that we have finished with the night nursing.

So that's pretty much sorted now in a way that is working for our family, and I need to remember this moment, because it's getting lost amongst all of the other little challenges that life throws at us.

Night weaning accomplished and Jules is happy, and so are Momma and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment