My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dancing Baby

Jules from a young age has responded to music: listening intently, bouncing, clapping and waving his hands. Now he has a musical toy that I leave on standby, which he can go over to, press a few buttons and it plays some tunes.

He goes over to this toy periodically throughout the day at home, presses the buttons for the music and then dances away. It seems like he wants to hear music, and also wants to be in control of when he is hearing it, as sometimes I already have music playing.

I love seeing him dance to the music; it is so sweet. It makes me think about how this need to move to music is completely instinctual in human beings, as we have not taught him to do this, and I want to be sure to continue to foster this love of music and movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment