Today was Jules first longer day at daycare, and he stayed there for four hours. He cried a little bit when I left, but even as I was walking out the door he was already being distracted by one of the teachers. Apparently he ate a big lunch and had a nap afterwards. I was really glad to hear that he did have a nap as I had been worried that he wouldn't sleep there. When I came to pick him up, he was sitting with all of the kids having afternoon tea. He was happy to see me, but didn't show any signs of wanting to rush off, so we stayed a played for about 15 more minutes after snack time was finished.
As I was driving him home, for the first time I had the thought that possibly working part-time and having Jules in daycare could be really good, and could even be better than it has been to stay home. I think in my heart of hearts I've been thinking that going back to work and not being with Jules full time would not be as positive for either o
f us as having me stay at home would. But today, I saw a different possibility and I felt really thrilled.
On another topic, Jules has the most amazing hair - it is fluffy like a duckling's down and sticks straight up at the crown where he has a massive cowlick. It's so cute, and I've taken some pictures of it to capture this style for posterity!
No comments:
Post a Comment