9.30 - go to bed
12 - wake and feed Jules
2 - wake and feed Jules
4 - wake with Jules
5.30 - wake with Jules
And from 5.30 - 7.30 he sleeps with noisy grunting and writhing, keeping me awake. If we were lucky, we skipped the 12 am feed. Th
is schedule was devastating to my mental health, and as of last week, I have started trying to analyze exactly what is going on with him.
To this end, I put him on a pacifier, and realised that this helps him settle for naps and at night. More importantly, I realised that he is NOT waking because of hunger. When I offered the pacifier, half of the time he was satisfied with that, and didn't even care about eating. The culprit, I believe, is gas. He writhes and grunts and sometimes cries, and then farts. I think his painful 'wind' is waking him up.
So, I started trying things. "Wind drops" wit
h simethecone seemed to make him worse. Last night I gave him 'Pamol' (infant tylenol) AND put him into the walk-in closet next to our room (see photo - not sure how to rotate it!)
Miracle of miracles, he slept from 9 pm until 4 am!!! He woke crying for a feed at that point, but then went down again until 7 am! Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled. Tonight I will try without the 'Pamol' and am hoping that being in a different room is enough. We shall see. In any case, life is looking rosier.
No comments:
Post a Comment