Napping is the focus of my life at the moment. Jules happily goes down in the morning, no matter what we are doing - out and about, home doing 'tummy time' or 'nappy-free time' (see photo!), etc etc.
However, the afternoon is a very different story. Once I miss the so-called window of opportunity (which I am yet to be able to recognise), he gets overtired and grizzly, and I struggle to get him down. The reason this is such a big deal is that I need a nap in the afternoon!
My idea at the moment is that he needs to have a set of cues to lead up to the nap, as this works very well at night. Nighttime we do shower-feed-sleep, and he consistently goes to sleep. I have thought about taking a walk prior to the nap, but I am usually too tired right after lunch. So today I tried feed-rocking and singing-sleep. It seemed to work reasonably well, so I'll try this again tomorrow. It's all trial and error!
My idea at the moment is that he needs to have a set of cues to lead up to the nap, as this works very well at night. Nighttime we do shower-feed-sleep, and he consistently goes to sleep. I have thought about taking a walk prior to the nap, but I am usually too tired right after lunch. So today I tried feed-rocking and singing-sleep. It seemed to work reasonably well, so I'll try this again tomorrow. It's all trial and error!
No comments:
Post a Comment