My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby Jules - 7 weeks old


Baby Jules is now 7 weeks old!  He's a great little guy.

My project this week is to start getting into a routine - going out and doing something in the mornings, and staying home in the afternoon for a nap.  We have achieved that every day this week, I am happy to report.

The afternoon project is to get Jules to go down when he's drowsy, and to settle himself into sleep.  This has happened so far on Tuesday and Thursday!  Not bad for a little guy!  Today, I put him down after feeding him and holding him for a little while until he was drowsy.  He still had his eyes open when I wrapped him in his swaddle, and placed him into bed.  I set him in bed, and left to go make my lunch.  I heard little noises for about 15 minutes (but no real crying), and then all was silent.  When I next looked in on him, he was fast asleep!

The elation I felt knowing that I had been able to set him in his bed and he fell asleep by himself was huge. He is still asleep at the moment, and has had a good 2 1/2 hour nap (with a feed in the middle of it).  I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment