My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day One - Sunrise

Day One - Sunrise
I watched the sunrise with Taavi.  He was a delight this morning.  Cuddly, funny, quirky.  He is often my morning companion, as he wakes at around 5.30 or 6 am and then comes up to join me at 6.30 once Steve leaves for work.  He is a lovely, loving companion.





So I'm participating in this project http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/capture-your-grief-2015 to commemorate and acknowledge Baby Loss Awareness month this October.

I haven't shared this too widely, but I was pregnant with our third this year - found out in May - and then in late July, at 16 weeks, I found out our baby no longer had a heartbeat.  He had died at 15 weeks.

We had told the boys I was pregnant and so the loss of baby Luca felt like a gap was created in our whole family.  I realised when I lost him how much we had already mentally prepared for his arrival.  During the first trimester, I was very cautiously optimistic, but when we reached the second trimester I had just allowed myself to get really excited and start feeling this was real.  It was gut-wrenching to have to go back from that.  However, it also helped me appreciate deeply the family that I do have.  I love our two boys so much, and Steve and I and the boys are enough.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We too felt the excitement and then the gap, but we also are so grateful for your family of 4!

    ReplyDelete