My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Taavi's Words

Taavi is at that stage where he is learning new words every day.  He understands so much of what we say, and is starting to REALLY want to express himself.  He gets frustrated when I don't understand what he says, and I am the one who understands him the best.  Well, Jules and I.  Here are some of the words he knows, and their pronunciations.  I love his approximations of sounds!

Oh no! - said with great expression, this is a favourite expression for anything from a ball stuck under the bed to toes sticking out of the blanket (they should be under the blanket of course).
Mama
Dada
Du - Jules
Ba - ball
Boo - balloon

Tuck - truck
Bus
Deguh - digger

Ka Ka - ducks or any birds
Soak - soap
Shark - sharp
Meseh - nursing
Buh - bug, said with extreme excitement.  I have to catch the bug or Taavi gets very worried about it in our house.
Mih - milk (in a cup)
Jis - juice, said in a high-pitched squeal
Ka-kee - cracker
Mo - more, as in "mo bus" for "another bus"
Ackee - apple
Lala - Lolly (candy - learned on Halloween of course!)

And new ones every day.  I can't even remember all of them, it's getting to be so many words that he can say.  Very exciting to begin to communicate with my boy.








No comments:

Post a Comment