My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Monday, April 25, 2011

Balance


Finding balance in life is an ongoing activity. In my mind, I liken it to standing at the midpoint of a seesaw. Sometimes you end up walking too far one way or the other, and you are no longer keeping both ends up.

I'm thinking about balance at the moment because I've been back at work (part-time) now for seven months, and I continue to question whether I am doing the right thing. I think it is the right thing for me to have some structured mentally challenging activity on a regular basis, as this keeps me sane, however my workplace environment at the moment is providing more challenges than satisfaction.

Because of this, I am stressed and I think about work all the time. I am having trouble setting limits and role switching, and then when I realise how stressed I am and how much I am thinking about the issues at work, I start to feel resentful and question. It's a neverending cycle and I worry about it affecting my fertility, my mental health and especially my days with Jules. The whole point of working part-time was so that I could have some lovely days with him (Weds and Fri), but lately, I've either been going in on those days for a bit or else having to check email. That is not OK with me. As I write this, I am mad about that and I just don't want to do it. But how do you maintain a reasonably responsible and senior role part-time, whilst saying no to things there???

Any moms out there who have any tips at all - your advice is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment