My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Friday, March 5, 2010

March already

I've sadly neglected this blog, and I am sorry dear readers (my parents!)

This is due to a few good reasons:
- it's been the hottest, driest summer in Auckland with the least rain in February since 1959
- Jules is now old enough to do lots of fun activities

So, we have been out and about! It's been very fun, and I'm absolutely loving being a stay-at-home mum. We have scheduled activities most mornings, and the afternoons are open. Our week looks like this:

Monday
Wriggle and Rhyme at the Library: Half an hour of songs and activities with other babies. We went to this for the first time last week. Seems like it will be fun.

Tuesday
Mum and Baby Yoga class - 15 mothers doing yoga with their 6 wk - 6 mo old babies parked on blankets next to them. At any one time, the babies are playing, sleeping, crying, nursing, being held by the teacher, or being rocked! It's chaotic and calm all at the same time. I continue to be amazed by Sara, our teacher, who helps with babies, and individualizes poses to suit each person's physical needs. We also do some 'baby yoga'.

Wednesday
Mainly Music. I think this is Jules' favorite activity that we do. With about 25 kids, we sing songs, and there are various props - puppets, scarves, maracas, big pieces of cloth, etc. Jules just loves watching the guy who leads the songs, and watching all the other kids. Most of the other kids are 2 or 3, so they are very fun for him to observe.

Thursday
Coffee Group. This is the group of women I did the antenatal classes with. One of the most important functions of doing an antenatal class is to become part of a group of parents in one's area with babies of similar ages. The women and babies meet every Thursday at someone's house, cafe or the beach.

Friday
Nothing planned, so we run errands or meet up with a friend or just do stuff around the house.

This keeps us busy and happy. Jules has fun activities, sees other kids, and I get contact with other adults. These activities also have the benefit of being scheduled around Jules' naps, and are activities we can skip if need be.

Afternoons are devoted to housework, grocery shopping, going to the beach, going on walks, playing in the paddling pool, and hanging out together. Oh yeah, and naps (mainly for Jules, and sometimes for me!)


Here are some cute, recent pix from our recent weekend in Whangarei, where we saw cousin Lilly and uncle Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment