Blueberries are Jules' new food! He is turning into quite the little gourmet. Some of the things he has been eating are:
- puree of potatoes and peas with rosemary
- blueberry and apple puree with rice cereal
- apple, pear and apricot puree
The next dish I'm going to introduce is lentils with turmeric or cumin. I haven't decided which spice to try first. I'll introduce the items one at a time, but I've been reading a bit about how baby food does not have to be bland and boring, and so I have decided to get Jules into herbs and spices early on, and develop his palate. So far, he loves rosemary!
Here's an article about the myth that babies must only have bland foods. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9646449/
What a big boy! How old is he now? 6 month+? I love to see your weekly routine. You're doing so many fun activities! I'll check out that article on spicing up your baby's food--that's news to me and very fun! Have you read Super Baby Food? It seems to be a great guide on baby food, especially when you're making your own.
ReplyDelete