My beautiful boys

My beautiful boys

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Summer

It is really hot here at the moment. Every day it is sunny and oh so hot. I am enjoying it, and not complaining, but it's a little tricky with a young baby. I can't bring him out in the sun too much, so I end up staying indoors a lot. If only the sun weren't so harsh!

At my coffee group, all of the mums were saying the same thing. So, we decided to have our next coffee group meeting at a beach where there is a lot of shade. I guess I could go to a shady beach on my own, but then I'd have to leave all of my gear sitting on the beach if I wanted to bring Jules in for a swim. It's pretty safe here, but I am not keen to leave my nice stroller sitting by itself on the beach.

On another note, Jules has now moved on from kumara to avocado. He seems to like the
avocado better, as he is not actively spitting it out as he did with the kumara!

He is very keen to hold the spoon himself and get his fingers into the food. I need to choose a highchair so we can do this. The chair he is eating in now is not made for getting food all over it, so feeding him is very much a parent-led activity at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment