Opening Presents
Watching the kids play
Daddies :)
Babies!
It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day although it started off cloudy and threatening rain. We had about 25 people, including babies and children and all met at the Auckland Zoo for a picnic. Steve and I did the picnic - nibbles, sandwiches, quiche, pineapple and cake - and I was stressed all week about the food preparation. When I told Carol (Steve's mum) I had been worried about it, she told me that now I know what she felt like! She had catered the buffet dinner the night before our wedding - for 70 people - and also our engagement party - for about the same number of people. I am now more impressed than ever with her abilities.
In any case, the zoo birthday party was just lovely. We had a picnic on the grass and the kids and babies played, and the grownups chatted. After the picnic, we split up and walked around the zoo.
Jules did seem to be aware that it was a special day, and when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him, he was looking around at everyone. I think he was conscious that he was the center of attention. He was very good-humoured all day, even in the evening, despite having missed his nap. I think he really enjoyed being with all the people, and seeing all the sights at the zoo.
There were three other babies his age at the party, and they were so cute milling around on the blanket together! Here are some pictures from the party.
loved this! thanks for sharing! we're hoping to have a picnic at the park for sadie in november, hope it's not too cold!
ReplyDelete